Podiatrists are healthcare professionals with special training in how to diagnose, treat and rehabilitate problems with the feet, ankles, and lower legs. Sometimes called podiatric physicians or podiatric surgeons, podiatrists are doctors of podiatric medicine (look for DPM after their names) who offer a full spectrum of lower-limb services to help you maintain your health, mobility, balance, and fitness.
If you’re experiencing foot, ankle or lower leg pain, skin or nail issues, shoe problems, uncomfortable bumps or lumps, or have diabetes, poor circulation, arthritis, kidney disease, lupus, or fibromyalgia, contact a BASS podiatrist for an assessment and appropriate health maintenance. Your footing is our top priority.
The Role of a Podiatrist
Podiatrists provide patients – from pediatrics to geriatrics — with a wide range of services from treating acute injuries to monitoring and preventing complications of chronic conditions. They also care for common skin concerns such as athlete’s foot, calluses, corns, and warts as well as ingrown toenails and toenail fungus.
As part of your complete podiatric care, your BASS podiatrist can order tests, make diagnoses, prescribe medications, perform surgery, collaborate with other specialists, provide splints and casts, treat infections and wounds, assess children’s and teens’ special foot and leg needs (providing braces, shoe and sports medicine recommendations, as needed), craft custom orthotics for athletics or comfort, recommend physical therapy, and much more.
Ready for a firmer foundation? Discover our detailed podiatry services below.
BASS Medical podiatrists offer the following services and more:
- Care for blisters, calluses, corns, dry/cracked skin, “flat” feet, infections, ingrown nails, odor, excessive sweating, toenail fungus, warts, wounds, etc.
- Preventative screening and education particularly in relation to chronic conditions like diabetes, obesity or poor circulation that can lead to lower limb complications.
- Pain management, support or surgery for arthritis, bunions, hammertoes, heel pain, heel spurs, or crooked toes.
- Acute injury treatment for sprains, strains, and fractures including surgery, casts, and splints.
- Custom orthotics for athletes, children, teens, and seniors and everyone in between.
- Circulatory or neuropathic assessment and support for persistently cold feet, numbness, swelling/cramping, or tingling/burning in the lower legs or feet.
To click here to schedule an appointment.