Throughout women’s lives, there can be body changes. Some are frequently and often easily talked about (like those that occur with pregnancy, breastfeeding and even certain aspects related to menopause) but others have traditionally gotten less attention, despite being very common.
If you’re a woman experiencing discomfort, quality of life issues, or worse related to a condition of the urinary system, pelvis, vagina, or surrounding structures, the specialists with BASS Medical Group Female Urological Services are here to help. Thanks to advancements in women’s health, there are minimally invasive procedures and other treatments available to help women with issues of urination, the pelvic floor, and sexual vitality.
Specializing in female urology and female reconstructive surgery, members of BASS Medical Group’s Female Urological Services are trained and experienced in all aspects of urology but with an emphasis on caring for the unique needs of female patients. Whether you are experiencing frequent urinary tract infections, incontinence, pelvic pain, pressure or discomfort, unwanted changes of external genitalia, vaginal dryness, or pain during sex, our women’s health experts can provide diagnosis, management, and an assurance that you’re not alone. Dealing with sensitive issues is what these physicians do nearly every day and they do so with compassion and expertise because they really care.
The Role of Female Urological Services
BASS Medical Group Female Urological specialists offer their patients the newest advancements in urology and female genital rejuvenation. From minimally invasive and nonsurgical approaches (including radiofrequency, laser energy and fillers) to leading surgical interventions, we provide the latest technology and best practices in women’s health.
Whether your primary care physician or Ob/Gyn has referred you to us, or you find us on your own, we’re happy to hear from you and eager to help. Below you’ll find a list of the types of conditions we frequently treat and manage through pelvic floor physical therapy, instruction in self-management strategies, medications, minimally invasive procedures, and surgery.
Female Urology and Female Reconstructive Surgery Services
Our urologists are experts in caring for the following women’s health concerns, and more:
- Bladder leakage or overactive bladder (including offering Botox injection treatment, when appropriate)
- Inflamed or irritated bladder (interstitial cystitis)
- Urinary frequency, urgency, incontinence, or retention
- Recurring urinary tract infections or urinary tract pain
- Urinary tract fistulas or fecal incontinence
- Pelvic pain or pressure and pelvic floor disorders such as prolapse
- Vaginal laxity, dryness, or loss of sensitivity
To treat these conditions, we offer a range of options including:
- Genitourinary or female reconstructive surgery as an alternative to hysterectomy for non-cancerous conditions such as fibroids and uterine prolapse.
- Minimally invasive mini-sling procedures.
- Vaginal rejuvenation, also called female genital plastic surgery, female genital rejuvenation surgery, female genital cosmetic surgery, and vulvovaginal plastic surgery