< All Videos

When should I see an ENT specialist?

Dr. Karen Fong
Dr. Karen Fong

Commonly asked questions for an Otolaryngologist,Dr. Karen Fong.

Dr. Karen Fong specializes in advanced care for complex disorders of the nose, paranasal sinuses and skull base.

Dr. Fong completed her undergraduate degree at Stanford University, where she received a dual B.S. and M.S. in Biological Sciences. She received her M.D. degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX. She went on to complete her residency training in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago, IL. Following the completion of residency, Dr. Fong spent two years as an NIH post-doctoral research fellow,studying the effects of steroids on olfaction.

After completing her residency and post-doctoral research fellowship, Dr. Fong joined the full-time faculty at Oregon Health and Science University in Portland Oregon as a member of the Oregon Sinus Center.

View her full bio here

Video Transcript

I often get asked, when is the right time to come and see and hear nose and throat specialist? That's a complex question because ENT doctors treat a wide variety of medical conditions, including not just diseases of the year nose and throat, but also head neck cancer, voice disorders, sleep disorders, and facial plastic surgery. Some issues that you may want to seek out an ear, nose and throat doctor on your own include hearing loss, especially a sudden in nature hoarseness, nasal obstruction or a lump in your neck. For more information, find us on YouTube or go to our website at bassmedicalgroup.com.

Related Videos

Copyright © 2020 BASS MEDICAL GROUP. All rights reserved.
Designed in California by the Marketing Team.
Website Terms of UsePrivacy Policy
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
When should I see an ENT specialist?