< All Videos

What can I do for snoring?

Dr. Karen Fong
Dr. Karen Fong

Commonly asked questions for an Otolaryngologist,Dr. Karen Fong.

Dr. Karen Fong specializes in advanced care for complex disorders of the nose, paranasal sinuses and skull base.

Dr. Fong completed her undergraduate degree at Stanford University, where she received a dual B.S. and M.S. in Biological Sciences. She received her M.D. degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX. She went on to complete her residency training in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago, IL. Following the completion of residency, Dr. Fong spent two years as an NIH post-doctoral research fellow,studying the effects of steroids on olfaction.

After completing her residency and post-doctoral research fellowship, Dr. Fong joined the full-time faculty at Oregon Health and Science University in Portland Oregon as a member of the Oregon Sinus Center.

View her full bio here

Video Transcript

I get asked, “I snore a lot, what can I do to help that?”. Some things you can do to help your snoring is to sleep on your side, to elevate the head of your bed, to lose weight, to avoid drinking alcohol before bed and to treat nasal obstruction, such as chronic allergies. It's important to remember though that snoring may be more than just a nuisance to those around you, but may also indicate a more serious medical condition, such as obstructive sleep apnea. This could be detrimental to your overall health, such as high blood pressure and heart disease. So, if you snore loudly and are tired during the day, you should bring this to the attention of your physician. For more information find us on YouTube or go to our website at bassmedicalgroup.com.

Related Videos

Copyright © 2020 BASS MEDICAL GROUP. All rights reserved.
Designed in California by the Marketing Team.
Website Terms of UsePrivacy Policy
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
What can I do for snoring?