Jonathan L. Chin, MD
Dr. Jonathan Chin, grew up in nearby Lafayette, California and graduated from Acalanes High School in 1991. Curious about how the other coast lives, he decided to attend Amherst College in central Massachusetts. At Amherst, he was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa and Sigma Xi academic honor societies and graduated summa cum laude in chemistry and mathematics in 1995.
Dr. Chin attended medical school at the Division of Health Sciences and Technology, a joint program between Harvard Medical School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Concurrent with his medical school curriculum, Dr. Chin spent several years studying the immunology of multiple sclerosis.
After medical school, Dr. Chin fled the unrelenting East Coast winters and returned to California for his residency. Dr. Chin completed two years of general surgery training and four years of urology training at UCLA. During residency, he conducted research exploring molecular markers for prostate cancer.
Dr. Chin has been practicing in the Bay Area since 2007. He has offices in Antioch, Brentwood, and Walnut Creek and provides on-call coverage at Sutter Delta Medical Center.
Dr. Chin offers a full range of urologic services and care, including but not limited to treatment of kidney stones, BPH, urinary incontinence/overactive bladder, erectile dysfunction, and urinary tract infections. Dr. Chin also provides urologic oncology and performs laser prostate surgery and vasectomies.
Each year technological and pharmaceutical advances bring exciting new treatment options. Dr. Chin works hard to stay up-to-date with these changes and offer the best care to his patients. As medicine advances, many surgeries become less invasive. Dr. Chin provides the latest in care, including:
- Urolift prostatic urethral lifts for benign prostatic hyperplasias
- “No-scalpel” vasectomies
- Urgent PC percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation and InterStim® for overactive bladders
- Spanner urethral stents for benign prostatic hyperplasias and urinary retention
- Minimally invasive kidney stone surgery: shock wave lithotripsy, ureteroscopy
- Laparoscopic kidney and prostate surgery
- Testopel subcutaneous implants for low testosterone
- Intralesional injections and traction therapy for Peyronie’s disease
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Kidney Stone Disease