Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Accomplishes department objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating department activities
Perform Ultrasound exams on patients with a referral from a doctor.
- Performs diagnostic imaging in the modality of Diagnostic Medical Sonography including ultrasound of the abdomen, spleen, liver, renal, pancreas, breast, gallbladder and any other retroperitoneal, thyroid, break, testicles, neonatal, biophysical profiles, carotid Doppler, vascular Doppler, and pelvic and obstetrical exams
Experience in ultrasound guided biopsy of the breast
Review patient medical history and supporting clinical information to ensure proper exam is conducted
Apply independent, professional, ethical judgement and critical thinking to safely perform ultrasound procedures.
As necessary, acquire additional ultrasound imaging to facilitate optimum diagnostic results for the referring provider.
Identify and document any limitations to the ultrasound exam.
Review examination images synthesize examination results and prepare the preliminary findings for the Radiologist.
Perform quality control procedures to ensure that he ultrasound equipment operates at optimal levels
Knowledge of digital imaging processing with PACS archival in a film-less environment
Call in service for ultrasound equipment when needed
Conduct QA on ultrasound equipment and keep accurate and up to date logs
Obtain patient history, explain standard procedure and address patient concerns
Communicate STAT result to Radiologist
Follow-up on STAT results with referring provider
Assists in scheduling procedures and patients; receives and assists patients and other customers
Answers departmental telephone calls
Knowledge of budget guidelines for supply ordering
Attend staff meetings (may occur outside of office hours)
Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Communicate with center manager on any related issues from above
Communicate with Radiologist on best ultrasound practice as needed
Successfully complete EPIC training
Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Current ARDMS certificate
- Current BLS for healthcare providers
- At least 2 years’ experience in ultrasound
- ARDMS-BR – American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certification (Breast) Required at sites that perform Diagnostic Mammography
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, LTD, Aflac Insurances, Nationwide Pet Insurance, FSA & HSA, 401K Retirement, Paid Time off and paid holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply: email@example.com