Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
In this role, you will be responsible for providing care for patients with urologic issues in the outpatient clinic setting. The NP or PA will work in collaboration with a physician, as well as their own scheduled clinics.
The patient population will be focused on adult care. Office-based care will include evaluation and management of patients presenting with basic urologic problems as well as office-procedures such as dressing changes, bladder challenge, bladder irrigation, drain and catheter removals and urine collections.
Responsibilities and Duties
Expected duties include (but are not limited to):
- Conduct initial interview with patients and elicit a detailed and accurate history.
- Perform physical examinations, record findings in the patient’s medical record, and present results to physician.
- Instruct, counsel, and educate patients.
- Assist with or perform independently minor procedures and perform other procedures as care dictates.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Coordinating cancer survivorship when appropriate for such urologic patients.
- Collaborating with other surgical specialties, as well as other departments for continuation of care.
The position is scheduled for eight hours a day; 5 days a week. Currently there is no night or weekend call requirement. Position also includes exciting opportunities in academic development.
Qualifications and Skills
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Certification
Prefer, five+ years’ work experience as an NP or PA. Specializing in Urology is preferred but not required.
Must have demonstrated effective skills in consultation.
Medical, dental, vision, Life insurance, AD&D, LTD, Aflac insurances, Nationwide Pet insurance, FSA or HSA plans, 401k retirement plan, vacation, sick leave and paid holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
- nurse practitioner or physician assistant: 5 years (Required)
License or certification:
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Required)
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org