Insurance Authorizations Coordinator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for Authorizing diagnostic imaging procedures with patient’s insurance company.
Responsible for verifying Insurance for eligibility and diagnostic radiology benefits.
Communicate estimated out of pocket cost of service to patient.
Enter complete notes in the system for front office and billing
Strong collaboration with billing department
Answer incoming telephone calls
Check-in patients for their diagnostic radiology exam
Confirm patient appointments
Prepare paperwork for next day patients
Communicate with front office on patient owed fees
Prepare benefit worksheets for all upcoming appointments
Transfer calls to billing when appropriate
Assist patients that need assistance with their paperwork
Attend Staff meetings on a monthly and/or quarterly basis outside of office hours
Perform related duties as assigned by center manager
Successfully complete EPIC training
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 2 years’ experience in the medical field
- 1-year experience in insurance authorizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- High school diploma or GED required
Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, LTD, Aflac Insurances, Nationwide Pet Insurance, FSA & HSA, 401K Retirement, Paid Time off and paid holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Epic experience do you have?
- How many years of Insurance Authorization experience do you have?
- How many years of Medical Field experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org